FASTING AND PRAYER GUIDE JANUARY 2017
“Then Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself [determinedly, as his vital need] to seek the Lord; he proclaimed a fast in all Judah.” (2 Chronicles 20:3 AMP)
The body of believers at LWWOC will spend 21 days in fasting and prayer for the purpose of seeking God, drawing closer to Him and obtaining spiritual breakthroughs. In uniting together during this time of corporate fasting, we are expecting to go to the next level of His glory and see a greater demonstration of God’s miraculous power and presence in our lives and in the life of this ministry.
This 21 day fast will begin Monday, January 16th and end Sunday, February 5th. You choose which day or days you will fast during this 21 day period as you are led by the Holy Spirit.
The Bible describes three major types of fasting:
- A Regular Fast – Traditionally, a regular fast means refraining from eating all food. Most people still drink water or juice during a regular fast. When Jesus fasted in the desert, the Bible says, “After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry.” This verse does not mention Jesus being thirsty.
- A Partial Fast – This type of fast generally refers to omitting a specific meal from your diet or refraining from certain types of foods. Daniel 10:2-3 says, “At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.” In Daniel 1:12, they restricted their diet to vegetables and water: “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink.”
- A Full Fast – These fasts are complete – no food and no drink. Acts 9:9 describes when Paul went on a full fast for three days following his encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus: “For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.” Esther also called for this type of fast in Esther 4:15-16: “Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: ‘Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish.'” It is recommended that this type of fast be done with extreme caution and not for extended periods of time.
During our fast, please pray for the following priorities and believe for breakthroughs in these areas:
1. Manifestation of His Glory; A Greater Outpouring of His Spirit
Prayer: Father, manifest your glory in our midst and pour out your Spirit in greater measure in our lives. May we experience the manifestation of your presence, heavenly encounters, signs and wonders. (Joel 2:28)
2. LWWOC Body of Believers Drawing Closer to God:
Prayer: Father, as we draw closer to you, draw closer to us. Pour out a spirit of prayer and supplication upon us and increase our spiritual hunger. May the fire of the Holy Ghost consume us and keep our hearts hot for God. (Zechariah 12:10)
3. Debt Free Church – Abundantly Blessed
Prayer Declaration: LWWOC is debt free owing no man anything but love. We are redeemed from the curse of debt. We are the head and not the tail, the lender and not the borrower. We are a tithing church, the floodgates of heaven are open over us and God is pouring out abundant provision. The devil is rebuked and all nations are calling us blessed.
4. We are believing God For:
Divine Ideas to come
Doors of financial opportunity to open in the Name Of Jesus
That which has been stolen, deceived and that which has been robbed from me,funds that have been lost to come back in multiplied fashion in Jesus Name.
Prayer: Father I thank you for divine ideas to come. For doors of financial opportunity to open in the Name of Jesus. I thank you that which has been stolen, deceived and that which hasbeen robbed from me, funds that have been lost coming back to me in multiplied fashion in Jesus Name!
5. Reaping a Harvest of Souls:
KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING:
- During the fast drink plenty of water.
- Make sure you concentrate on the Word of God and prayer.
- When the fast has ended, begin eating slowly again with soups and vegetables.
PLEASE READ THIS IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THIS FAST
This fast is not compulsory and is on a volunteer basis. Before beginning any fast consult with your doctor to determine if you are healthy enough to participate in an extended fast. Living Word, and any of its related entities, are not responsible for any health related conditions prior to and after this fasting period. Please pray about participating and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you to a decision.